Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Start of our Excellent RV Adventure

Mt Gilead, NC - Tuscaloosa AL -516 miles

In my mind, travel is the greatest gift! If I could spend my money on anything, I would spend it on traveling. Experiencing and seeing different places around the world can only enhance our lives.

Over the years, I have had the opportunity to travel quite a bit Much of this was done by air. I landed in a new place and explored my destination and then returned home. Today we - The Taylor Family (Al, Blake, myself, and Tilley - our dog) set out on an Excellent RV Adventure in our 40 foot RV. We will travel many roads - some very well traveled and some not so well traveled. We will visit family and friends, take in new and extraordinary sights, and even take on some fun and exciting activities along the way. There will be new things to learn, new things to see, and new friends to make. We will travel approximately 6,000 miles in 32 days and build memories of a lifetime. 

I invite you to share in our adventure by following this travel blog where I will post pictures and share funny and exciting stories. 

............................................

Today we start our journey westward to Tuscaloosa, Alabama through Atlanta, GA. This leg is always filled with lots of cars, trucks, and activity. This leg is a familiar one for us as we have driven it quite often.  It never fails, regardless of the time in which we travel these roads, there is always traffic!  Some of the exciting things seen on this trek include

  1. The giant orange and red peach located in Gaffney, SC. We noticed this time around that it has recently been painted. Never fails, we laugh each time we pass that peach because it looks like one big orange butt!  
  2. Atlanta is always fun when driving a 40 foot RV through bumper to bumper traffic. Blake likes to look for the Braves' new ballpark as we swing around town. 
  3. Another venue on our trek to Tuscaloosa is Taladega Race Track. We can see just the top of the race track from the interstate. I can't believe how many people come out of the woodwork every year to see the races there.  I hear it is quite an experience with LOTS of interesting things to see. 
Upon our arrival in Tuscaloosa this evening we will get some shut eye, relax a bit, and then head towards Starkville, Mississippi in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment